The VP of Sales, Walmart Coffee Systems drives strategic leadership of multiple functions within the customer focused team. The VP of Sales has direct accountability for sales executives supporting Walmart located in our Bentonville, AR office, operating as one of the senior leaders at the site. This role is responsible for delivering the full Company coffee and appliance portfolio to the customer, promoting effective customer relationships, partnering with key individuals at all levels within the customer organization, gaining a full understanding of the customer’s needs, anticipating changes in the business environment and further establishing Company as a leader in the eyes of the customer. This role collaborates with the Company management team to establish a growth platform, identifying business opportunities, setting and communicating priorities and coordinating appropriate resources to achieve desired results.
What we are seeking:
- Seasoned Vice President of Sales looking to join an exciting company with a strong culture based on innovation, collaboration, and winning the right way in the marketplace.
- A leader who wants to progress their leadership skills, mentorship skills, develop sales teams, and hone their sales and financial competencies.
- Prior Walmart customer focused team sales leadership experience with small appliance and/or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Oversee cross-functional customer focused team to ensure customer revenue and profitability are maximized.
- Lead existing and development of forward-looking Company sales strategy for the customer.
- Lead the implementation of sales strategy to deliver identified sales Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Build and implement key customer strategies to attain volume growth targets and achieve category objectives, build market share, expand distribution, and ensure retail prominence at Walmart.
- Develop sales talent with capabilities to deliver against future and current requirements.
- Lead and negotiate sales contracts that drive profitability and sales growth for Company.
- Highlight risks and opportunities for generating revenue and profitability growth.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team for the Walmart & Sam’s Club Sales Team.
- Develop and permeate high level customer relationships with senior leadership at Walmart.
- Partner with internal brand and category teams to develop strategic decisions on portfolio management.
- Improve processes, procedures and efficiencies related to customer business, customer service, and supply chain, by working cross-functionally.
- Foster an environment that empowers the account team with responsibility and the authority to achieve goals, as well as holding each member accountable for the attainment of those goals.
- People leadership: serving as one of the site’s most senior management leaders you will be responsible for setting positive work culture, managing and maximizing talent, performance management, communications and building team culture to ensure high performance results.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; MBA a plus.
- At least 15 years sales experience within Consumer Products industry with progressive career experience to senior level roles inclusive of people leadership over a customer focused sales team.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of key business drivers for customer and Company.
- 5 years strategic sales leadership experience with a customer-focused team in mass channel; prefer Walmart experience with CPG and/or small appliance manufacturers.
- Proven success developing, retaining, and leading a sales organization.
- Exceptional sales skills including negotiation, conflict management, account management, account penetration, strategic selling, category management, sales forecasting, and leading edge sales strategies.
- Strong demonstrated track record of goal achievement with high integrity.
- Ability to uphold safety standards, identification and implementations of continuous process improvement processes.
- Ability to lead according to our company values and follow Company policies and procedures.
- Position will be located in Bentonville, AR and travel will be approximately 25%.