Sr. UX Designer
Location: Bentonville, AR
As a Sr. Designer, you'll create design comps, interactions and specs, using your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other architects, designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers and engineers.
Looking for someone who has:
- created business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, often working with senior UX leaders and managers to complete these projects.
- A seasoned veteran, who can craft experiences for any channel or platform, and is a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences.
- can work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- loves to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong tendency towards visual thinking - using techniques like storyboards and sketching - to communicate interaction design concepts.
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (E.g. Typography, color, space, contrast)
- The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent web site.
- Familiarity with process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Capability to adhere to team processes and standards, while contributing ideas for improvement.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Experience negotiating business decisions.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
Bachelor's degree in design or other related field and 3 years of experience or 7 years of experience with visual and interaction design with the bulk of the experience in interactive design problems.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####