I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence that s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Community Care division, is currently seeking a well qualified Registered Nurse to perform home based assessments with the aged and disabled population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts on-site client assessments and develops service plan in conjunction with the authorization.
- Assess adequacy of the client service plan and need for other services on an ongoing basis, making appropriate referrals.
- Provide nursing services, treatments, preventive and rehabilitative procedures requiring specialized skills under the direction of the attending practitioner.
- Observe signs and symptoms and report to the practitioner reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the client s physical and/or emotional condition.
- Teach, supervise and counsel the client and other family members regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the client at home.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises attendants.
- Completes visits as scheduled and reports verbally to unit regarding completion of visits on a daily basis.
- Communicates to Director and/or office personnel pertinent client and/or attendant information.
- Completes appropriate forms, attaches to the Daily Visit Reports and submits within 48 hours of visit.
- Corrects and resubmits error rejections within 48 hours.
- Responsible for maintaining nurses files.
- Participates in case conferences with other members of the health care team.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Establishes rapport with referral sources in assigned service area.
- Maintains confidentiality on all clients, attendants and staff information.
- Responsible for all information in company policy and procedure manuals and updates.
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience.
- Venipuncture experience required.
- Must have interest and understanding and appreciation of the problems of the elderly.
- Must have appropriate nursing skills and judgment.
- Bilingual a plus.
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, cardio nurse, cardio RN, cardio registered nurse, cardiac nurse, cardiac RN, cardiac registered nurse, case management, case manager, critical care, ER, Emergency Room, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, ICU, intensive care unit, MSN, medical, medical care, med surg, med-surg, medicare, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, oncology RN, oncology nurse, oncology registered nurse, palliative care nurse, ortho nurse, ortho RN, ortho registered nurse, palliative care RN, palliative care registered nurse, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Oasis, PRN, PDM, progressive care nurse, rehab RN, rehab registered nurse, rehab nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, skilled visit, staff RN, staff nurse, staff registered nurse, step down unit, step-down unit, step down unit RN, tele, telemetry, telemetry nurse, telemetry RN, travel nurse, travel RN, travel registered nurse, visit nurse, Girling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care ~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.