System Administrator I is responsible for basic server/network and level 3 helpdesk support as part of overall responsibilities to monitor and proactively maintain the enterprise environment. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Microsoft domain at an enterprise level and possess experience maintaining and troubleshooting server/network systems. The candidate should be focused on mastering multiple production systems and must be able to work well within a team while assisting senior admins with project work and assignments.
This position will provide daily onsite support for clinics in Harrison and Eureka Springs, including endpoint, server, various EMR/EHR’s, imaging equipment, and other applications/hardware as required. Additionally, remote support duties for various hospital projects and systems will be assigned as required and time permits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage multiple projects and demands
- Gather, summarize, and present technical findings
- Participate in enterprise-wide application/system deployment and upgrade
- Troubleshoot and maintain server/network systems on basic to intermediate level
- Knowledge of change control procedures and documentation
- Proactive and preventive maintenance and monitoring across server/network systems
- Provide level 3 helpdesk support to PC Tech team for Windows OS, endpoint, application, peripherals, connectivity, etc.
- Assist with networking issues and perform basic configuration. General understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, Ethernet, copper/fiber cabling, routing and switching, DHCP, DNS
- Support Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services including understanding of AD objects, permissions, authorization/authentication, domain controllers, security, FSMO roles, etc.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016 Enterprise operating systems. Requires general understanding of common Microsoft Server roles, Remote Services, security, OS network config, update/patching, best practices, etc.
- General knowledge of RHEL/CentOS operating systems: knowledge of file system, navigation, shell, ssh, running processes, etc.
- Some scripting knowledge including Powershell, commandline, and bash preferred
- Assist with virtualized environment. Requires basic knowledge of Vcenter, VM lifecycle, ESXi, snapshots, vmotion, etc.
- Assist with database configuration and maintenance: MSSQL and Oracle
- Experience with some Microsoft enterprise services and tools preferred: Exchange, System Center, Bitlocker/MBAM, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Full time availability during scheduled shift
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Able to prioritize effectively, meet goals and deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced 24/7 setting
- Communicate effectively with non-technical customers
- Interact well within a team environment and support other team members
- Good documentation habits
- Possess Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of helpdesk support system (ticketing)
- Sit for extended periods, walk short distances, able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to travel to remote locations
- Scheduled on-call rotation
- Occasional scheduled work on different shifts
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in system administrator, technical enterprise IT role or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- IT/CIS Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- CCNA, MCSA, VCA, RHCSA, or similar certifications preferred
This job description outlines the general skills and requirements necessary to define the primary functions of the position and is not to be considered a complete description of all duties and responsibilities inherent to the position.